SNOW DAY: BARCS is closed today, Sunday, January 13, due to inclement weather. Please check back for updates regarding our hours for Monday.
A big thank you to our snow team staff and close-by volunteers for helping us care for the animals today.
Below are some fun indoor ideas to keep your restless pets busy, healthy and safe on this snow day:
1. The “which hand” game with some treats
2. Play hide and seek with your dog
3. Use the stairs for a workout
4. Make a scavenger hunt or play "find the treats"
5. Use a stuffed Kong for a nice challenge
6. Teach your dog the names of their toys
7. Play the “go find it” game
8. Master the basics of obedience training – sit, lay down, stay
9. Teach your dog a new trick, like "high five"
10. Work on clicker training
11. Teach your dog to clean up his toys
12. Get some puzzle toys for your dog
13. Make them work for their food – most pet stores carry work-to-eat toys
14. Play a game of fetch with a inside-friendly soft toy
15. Master the art of doggie massage - lots of YouTube videos for this!
16. Grooming! Give your pup and nice spa day
17. Play tag with your dog
18. Create an obstacle course indoors
19. Blow bubbles – check the label for child-safe and non-toxic!
20. Work on impulse control for better manners
21. Bake some simple dog treats
22. Snuggle up and relax!