Volunteer Open House at BARCS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with BARCS and joining our family of animal lovers, advocates and the amazing individuals who care about our community.
We can't wait to meet you!
To get started, simply attend one of our volunteer open house dates on Saturday mornings or Thursday evenings at our shelter (301 Stockholm Street, Baltimore, MD 21230). The open house starts at 9:30 a.m. on Saturdays and 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays and begins with a presentation all about our organization. Prospective volunteers are then given a tour where you will meet our staff and fellow volunteers, see the animals we serve and have the opportunity to ask lots of questions! After the tour, we provide take-away documents about all the areas and ways you can help and next steps.
Upcoming Open Houses:
- Thursday, November 29 @6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 6 @ 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 15 @9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, December 20 @6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 29 @9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, January 3 @6 p.m.
- Saturday, January 12 @9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, January 17 @6 p.m.
- Saturday, January 26 @9:30 a.m.
You don't need to register, just show up—and maybe bring a friend! The open house usually runs about two hours but may run over depending on questions and attendance.
For questions about our volunteer open house, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BARCS volunteer age guide:
- 18+ years old: No baseline restrictions
- 16 - 17 years old: No dog handling
- 13 - 15 years old: Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times while at the shelter. Can socialize cats, no dog handling
- Under 13 years old: A handout will be provided at the open house, or see ways kids can help here
*All BARCS volunteers must have health insurance.
Looking for group project opportunities for your business or community organization? Click here.